Thursday, May 22, 2008

One week down

So I have survived teaching my first week of summer school. I am teaching a beg. dance class that is 2 hours and 15 min. Yes, very intense. After the first day I didn't think I would make it but they have improved greatly throughout the week. It's a good thing that we meet 4 days a week. All they can do is improve. I on the other hand am very sore from stretching so much but what a great workout. It amazes me how out of shape these students are. Some have no muscle tone at all. Arms like an 80 year old woman. Just floppy. If anything I hope they get in a little better shape.

I am teaching my first pilates private tomorrow. It won't be so challenging b/c she is a dancer and is also a yoga instructor. She is trying to decide if she wants to obtain a pilates certification. I'm still nervous about it b/c it is still new to me. I just want to go workout myself on the reformer. Maybe I can do it with her. We'll see what happens.

I think my dog has lost his mind. He's barking at me and he needs nothing. He just wants attention. He's a little bourgeois!